Swimming at the beach, walking near rivers, and splashing around in a pool are all good ways to relax from work stress. However, water comes with a risk of death and it is important to be well educated on the dangers in order to fully relax.
Here are some safety tips:
– Always supervise children around water, including pools, lakes, and oceans.
– Teach children to swim and consider taking swimming lessons yourself if you are not a strong swimmer.
– Wear a life jacket when boating or participating in water sports.
– Follow posted signs and warnings at beaches, lakes, and other bodies of water.
– Be aware of weather conditions and avoid swimming during thunderstorms or high winds.
– Avoid diving in shallow water, and always check the depth before jumping into any body of water.
– Never swim alone or in areas without a lifeguard on duty.
– Avoid drinking alcohol while swimming or boating, as it can impair your judgment and coordination.
– Learn CPR life saving techniques in case of an emergency.
– Always secure pools and hot tubs with appropriate fencing or barriers to prevent access from unsupervised children or pets.
– Establish clear communication protocols for employees working near water, including using radios or other communication devices.
– Keep a well-stocked first aid kit and emergency response equipment on hand in case of accidents or emergencies.
– Develop and regularly review an emergency response plan for water-related accidents, including evacuations and contacting emergency services.
– Encourage employees to report any water-related safety concerns or hazards immediately.
Don’t forget to hydrate with plenty of water and wear sunscreen before you get to the water. And remember, it’s not just about having a good time – always be aware of your surroundings, follow safety guidelines, and make sure you and your coworkers know what to do in case of an emergency.
iProtectU provides swimming pool inspection forms and allows a user to create, edit and document a risk assessment covering swimming safety.
iProtectU brings together the key resources and knowledge of three companies specialising in EHS software development, health and safety, business intelligence and data analytics.
Our vision is to provide fully integrated, cost effective and simple to use health and safety software tools that enable our clients to engage their entire team.
Arrange your demonstration
Let us show you how we can transform your compliance management
Choose a date and time for your demo (no obligation) and we will be in touch.
Working at height is any work that is performed above ground level and where there
Construction sites are busy and hazardous places, with heavy machinery and workers operating in close
iCertifyU is an App which provides free eLearning for everyone, whether you are an employee,