Three Easy Steps to Incident Reporting Training
- Log in and complete the Incident Reporting training
- Complete the Incident Reporting multichoice exam
- Download your IIRSM Approved Certificate
On completion of each course, IIRSM (International Institute for Risk and Safety Management) approved certificates are issued automatically, which can be easily downloaded and saved.
Other examples of the free courses provided via the iCertifyU App
- Manual Handling
- Asbestos Awareness
- Managing Contractors
- GDPR Awareness
- Protected Disclosures
Advantages of effective Incident Reporting
- Prevent future incidents: By understanding the root causes of past incidents, organisations can take steps to prevent similar incidents from happening again.
- Improve safety performance: Tracking incident trends helps organisations identify areas where safety performance can be improved.
- Meet legal requirements: Many jurisdictions have laws that require employers to report certain types of workplace incidents.
Examples of incidents which should be reported
- Accidents: Any incident that results in injury or property damage.
- Dangerous occurrences: Events that have the potential to cause serious harm, even if they do not result in injury or property damage.
- Near misses: Incidents that had the potential to cause harm but did not result in injury or property damage.
- Illnesses: Any work-related illness, regardless of severity.
All employees have a responsibility to report incidents. This includes employees who were involved in the incident, as well as employees who witnessed the incident. Supervisors and managers also have a responsibility to ensure that incidents are reported.
Organisations should continuously improve their incident reporting system. This includes reviewing incident trends, updating reporting procedures, and providing additional training to employees.
Development of the iCertifyU App
Erin Beck (Project Coordinator) and Oliver De Maria (Project Coordinator)
The App is free, developed by Erin Beck (Project Coordinator) and Oliver De Maria (Project Coordinator) whilst working with the iProtectU IT Developers. Both Oliver and Erin wanted to increase health, safety and wellbeing awareness in the workplace and made it their mission to develop a free, easy-to-use product, available to all.
Visit https://iprotectu.com/icertifyu/ for more information.